A Poem of Vice

A Poem of Vice 




Your taste

As sweet as honey

Your cost

My hard-earned money

Your toll

The pain in my body

You won’t stop

Until I’m dead

…

Why can’t I resist you?

All you do is weigh me down

Your pleasure is for a moment

Then you beat me to the ground

…

When we gather

You are always there

It’s easy when we all share

But I come to you when I’m alone and no one is aware

…

I come to you

When I feel sad

I come when I am mad

I rip the door wide open

have you any way I can

…

I hate that you everything

I crave as a reward

When you’re around

I can’t help but feel completely out of control

…

There seems to be no way for me

To exist and avoid you

All there is for me to do

Is pray that I’ll defeat you

…

Resist you when you look so good

As you come through my door

Resist you when your smell is strong

As if it were rising from the floor

…

Resist you when you’re oh so close

And my desire burns for you

To turn my gaze and cover my nose

Find something else to do

…

The truth is you’re no good for me

I want no more of you

It’s not the same for everyone

But I feel enslaved by you

…

I can’t keep going on like this

I loathe the man I see

I hate what I’ve become

Because of how you affect me

…

It’s time we spent some time apart

I need to be made clean

Lest you take me to an early grave

And my children mourn for me

…

I’m sorry but you make me sick

Too long I’ve fallen for your trick

Your smell and taste and whole display

Is just a ruse for my dismay

…

I hope my soul and body agree

To align against your cause

And not allow your reign of terror

Threaten my resolve

…

I can’t make you disappear

And you’re not mine to control

But it’s time I took the reins again

To go out on patrol

…

No longer under your influence

I need to be alert

The devil’s found my openness

I have to lock it tight

…

It’s time to find another way

To celebrate and cope

I’m making the decision today

I am holding on to hope

Popular Posts