A Poem of Vice

A Poem of Vice 




Your taste

As sweet as honey

Your cost

My hard-earned money

Your toll

The pain in my body

You won’t stop

Until I’m dead



Why can’t I resist you?

All you do is weigh me down

Your pleasure is for a moment

Then you beat me to the ground



When we gather

You are always there

It’s easy when we all share

But I come to you when I’m alone and no one is aware



I come to you

When I feel sad

I come when I am mad

I rip the door wide open

have you any way I can



I hate that you everything

I crave as a reward

When you’re around

I can’t help but feel completely out of control



There seems to be no way for me

To exist and avoid you

All there is for me to do

Is pray that I’ll defeat you



Resist you when you look so good

As you come through my door

Resist you when your smell is strong

As if it were rising from the floor



Resist you when you’re oh so close

And my desire burns for you

To turn my gaze and cover my nose

Find something else to do



The truth is you’re no good for me

I want no more of you

It’s not the same for everyone

But I feel enslaved by you



I can’t keep going on like this

I loathe the man I see

I hate what I’ve become

Because of how you affect me



It’s time we spent some time apart

I need to be made clean

Lest you take me to an early grave

And my children mourn for me



I’m sorry but you make me sick

Too long I’ve fallen for your trick

Your smell and taste and whole display

Is just a ruse for my dismay



I hope my soul and body agree

To align against your cause

And not allow your reign of terror

Threaten my resolve



I can’t make you disappear

And you’re not mine to control

But it’s time I took the reins again

To go out on patrol



No longer under your influence

I need to be alert

The devil’s found my openness

I have to lock it tight



It’s time to find another way

To celebrate and cope

I’m making the decision today

I am holding on to hope

Popular Posts