Every Bird Has Its Song: A Poem

Every Bird Has Its Song



Every bird has its song

Unlike that of any other

it sings all morning long

Or when the day becomes another



But not all the birds

Sound sweet or pleasant

Some are abrupt and loud

Like a pheasant



The rooster, it crows

The raven, it caws

The stork honks

And the Peacock squawks



But should we silence

Those unpleasant sounds

That bird that sounds broken

You don’t want around



The truth is I envy

How shameless they sing

First thing in the morning

And at twilight’s sparkling



Where is my singing

at mornings first light?

Where is my song

when I lie down at night?



Why do the birds sing?

It’s in their nature

I am no bird,

So why do I venture?



I sing the praises

Of places I go

I sing the praises

Of food I enjoy



I believe birds sing

For their creator

They praise him for putting

Songs in their nature



The word says through Jesus

I have a new nature

One that is joyful

On every occasion



Lord, put a new song

Within my nature

Let me sing with the sunrise

And under the moonlight



Whether it's pretty

Or sounds like a pheasant

If my song is for you

In your ears, it’s pleasant


Popular Posts