Every Bird Has Its Song: A Poem

Every Bird Has Its Song



Every bird has its song

Unlike that of any other

it sings all morning long

Or when the day becomes another

…

But not all the birds

Sound sweet or pleasant

Some are abrupt and loud

Like a pheasant

…

The rooster, it crows

The raven, it caws

The stork honks

And the Peacock squawks

…

But should we silence

Those unpleasant sounds

That bird that sounds broken

You don’t want around

…

The truth is I envy

How shameless they sing

First thing in the morning

And at twilight’s sparkling

…

Where is my singing

at mornings first light?

Where is my song

when I lie down at night?

…

Why do the birds sing?

It’s in their nature

I am no bird,

So why do I venture?

…

I sing the praises

Of places I go

I sing the praises

Of food I enjoy

…

I believe birds sing

For their creator

They praise him for putting

Songs in their nature

…

The word says through Jesus

I have a new nature

One that is joyful

On every occasion

…

Lord, put a new song

Within my nature

Let me sing with the sunrise

And under the moonlight

…

Whether it's pretty

Or sounds like a pheasant

If my song is for you

In your ears, it’s pleasant


Popular Posts