Riddle of Life: A Poem

 Riddle of Life


Can you help me solve this riddle?

Don’t be deceived, it may seem little

A well is short and not so wide

But the water is found deep down inside



Where are the answers to be found

to the questions of life in the world so round

Some say in the book of life they are

My searching has made my paper cuts scar



When the answers are words written or spoken

My manner of living seems to be broken

But how do words turn into motion?

How does speech manifest in emotion?



The answer seems simple just follow the map

But my feet cannot move, they are bound in a trap

The shackles are broken, you tell me I’m free

But my fears are the fetters that bind and hold me



How can I know that the answer I’ve found

is the one that will keep me from ending up in the ground?

The riddle is solved but we won’t know the answer

Until I’ve stepped through my fear into the great ever after



No, not Heaven, but the very next moment

When I’ve come to the crossroads and then to another

I can’t stop and get caught up, endlessly talking

they never will end until I learn to keep walking



Which way is right? Which way is wrong?

I attend all the plays and hear all the songs

In the end, it won’t matter if I keep moving on

The journey is erased when the road behind me is gone


Popular Posts