Unwell: A Poem

Unwell: A Poem



What do you do when you feel unwell?

When you’re filled with snot and your eyeballs swell?

Your mouth is dry and your throat is sore

You boil your tea and begin to pour



But it’s too hot for tea, the sun is blazing

And everything you drink gets your sore throat aching

There’s too much to do, but my head is thumping

I can’t go on unless I take something



No one can know that I’m feeling unwell

They’ll call me a simp and I’ll feel like hell

I gotta push through and maintain a smile

Then when they’re gone I can sleep for a while



I’m so glad it’s here, the weekend is nigh

The heat will be over and my spirit will fly

It’s a bummer to be unwell on the weekend

But I’ve got no energy left here to spend



Perhaps it’s a blessing I’m feeling unwell

I’ll get more sleep before the sound of the bell

I don’t need a remedy or special concoction

I just need to slow down from all of my action



Rest says my body, just rest for a while

Rest your heart and your mind, and even your smile

Let out your tears and let out your sorrow

There is plenty of time for smiles tomorrow

Popular Posts